2 Ocak 2016 Cumartesi

Coming To America: The Saucy Tang Wei in "Finding Mr. Right"

It was through the awesome Michael Mann movie BLACKHAT that I was introduced to the beautiful Tang Wei.  As the movie's female lead (paired up with Chris "Thor" Hemsworth) her portrayal of the svelte and steely-eyed Chen Lian show me what a sultry “Cool Beauty” she could be, and by the movie’s end, I knew I had to see MORE of her!
As Chen Lien in "Blackhat:
Tang Wei. I’d heard her name before, as she was famous for her steamy scenes in the Ang Lee Period War Movie “Lust Caution" (along with her Blackhat co-star Wang Leehom), and I knew it was time for me to seek that movie out and check it out! 
Above and below "Lust Caution":
 Well, I DID manage to get my hands of a copy of Lust Caution, but a funny thing happened- while I was out searching for it, I came across information about one of Tang Wei’s more recent films, and it was THIS movie that I ended up really wanting to see!
 The movie was called “Finding Mr  Right”,  and OH MY GOSH, this flick was a full 180 degree turn ftom the tough and cool girl I saw in Blackhat- THIS girl was one of the cutest and sassiest characters I’ve seen in years! 
JiaJia's arrival in Seattle!
  Finding Mr Right tells the tale of a spoiled rich girl named Jia Jia who is having an affair with a wealthy married man in Hong Kong. She gets pregnant, and to avoid scandal, comes to Seattle in America to have her child covertly. But things don’t run as smoothly as she’d like- the house where she was supposed to have the secret delivery is under arrest, and her quiet  but understanding Taxicab driver must find another place for her to stay.
She moves in with another house where there are a few other women about to give birth, but her spoiled and abrasive attitude makes living with the women more than she (and they) can bear! Soon she finds herself more and more seeking out the companionship of the one individual who always seems to be there for her: Her Taxicab Driver.
Aw man, after seeing Tang Wei as a tough, sultry chick, I was FLOORED to see this luscious, doe eyed girly girl preening and pouting her way across the screen! So spoiled and unaware of common social niceties,  I found myself just wanting to pinch her…and hug her! 
Yep, for no matter how bad things got, you found yourself really liking this girl. And as things come out and you find her situation with that married millionaire not all she’d hoped for, you find yourself really wishing that things would work out for her and she could be happy!
Ah, NOW on to “Lust, Caution” where I’ll have yet ANOTHER 180 degree turn to get adjusted to!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder