17 Mayıs 2014 Cumartesi

Catching Up With Shakalabbits

New Shakalabbits Anthologies with Video Collections
  This past weekend my friend and I were cruising at a local department store when the Wonders' snazzy song "That Thing You Do" from the Tom Hanks movie of the same name came on, and as we stood there groovin' to it, I was immedaitely reminded on how freakin' great the J-Pop ska group Shakalabbits' thrashing cover of it was! I asked him if I ever shared that video with him, and when he said he hadn't, I made sure that when we got back to my house that he got to see it!
 Needless to say, he loved it (even demanding I make a copy of the song for him!) and this got me to wondering just WHAT Shakalabbits were up to! Jumping onto the trusty CD Japan site, I was to find that they'd JUST simultaneously released two CD/DVD Greatest Hits with all their hit singles (as well as favorites chosen by the band) and all their super COOL videos! This was particularly a thrill for me, since, even though I'd bought one of their DVD Video collections before (the awesome Video Music Awards greatest Hits Vol.1):
...it didn't include a lot of their later songs, especially songs "Dazzling Soup" and Monologue" which were the first songs I loved from them- or their really early stuff like "Even If I'm Alone" and "80", happily,  they ALL were on this new package! WHOA!
 I immediately ordered the two CDs (well, added it to my existing T-ARA order, which was set to ship out in only another week) and jsut today they came in! So stoked, for while there, SHAKALABBITS was just about my favorite group, and these videos have always been a BIG part of what I loved about them-for the FIRST TIME, I'm seeing these PVs nice and crystal clear!!!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder